Tuesday, November 11, 2008

You're Not One of Those Political Fags...

...but you will definitely be yelling your homo head off outside the Mormon Temple on Wednesday evening. You're looking forward to join the other angry boys in protesting the passing of Prop H8 which bans same-sex marriage in California, effectively reversing a State Supreme Court ruling which legalized same-sex marriage in the Golden State.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was, by far, the biggest financer of California's heinous and hateful Proposition 8. The Mormon Church begged their members to donate money to Prop 8, ultimately pouring 20 million dollars into the campaign. And don't think their attacks on us will end there. Right now the Mormon Church is plotting to bring their money and influence to bear against the LGBT community everywhere in this country, including New York where they are trying to prevent marriage equality.

Speak out against H8 and discrimination by telling the Mormon Church what you think! Let your lisp be heard! Stop the Mormon Church from taking away your inalienable gay rights!

New York Manhattan Mormon Temple
125 Columbus Ave (at 65th Street)
New York, NY

See you Wednesday, November 12th at 6pm!

And if you have yet to see what Keith Olbermann has to say on the issue, it's definitely worth taking six minutes out of your busy day:

7 comments:

oboist24 said...

I must admit I got teared up when I saw his special comment last night. There is also another protest this Sat. at City Hall at 1:30pm. The website is: http://jointheimpact.wetpaint.com/page/New+York+City

Jesse Archer said...

I will be at BOTH protests! ;)
I'm trying to figure out my sign. I think "Let's Vote on Your Magic Undies" is rather appropriate.

NPBPB said...

Jesse, that isn't really productive. In California I saw a crafty sign which said "I didn't get to vote to YOUR right to marry" which is tempting as my sign..

Tom PM said...

I watched this and cried. What he had to say was so touching, coming from a breeder... I was touched.

In the emotional way, not the good way...

Shane said...

great job boys. we can always count on our NY family to have our back. :) Saturday will also be huge. xoxoxoxxoxo

p.s. miss YOU <3

Mark in DE said...

I was excited to see all the NYC gays (I looked for YOU, Jesse, and Bam) on the news! Way to go, guys!

I'll be protesting on Sat, 11/15 at my local spot.

And what more can I say about that darling Keith Olbermann?

Mark :-)

yet another black guy said...

How was it?